Upgrade Your Outdoor Living Space With a Stylish Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Outdoor living spaces are quickly rising in popularity, whether it's to create a unique hosting space or encourage more time outdoors. Outdoor living areas such as patios and porches are an excellent way to soak in some extra vitamin D and connect with nature, but these spaces can also get hot and humid during warmer seasons.
Installing an outdoor ceiling fan can help you enhance comfort while allowing you to showcase your unique design style. You have plenty of options with outdoor ceiling fans, from color to features. However, weatherproofing your outdoor fans and performing upkeep is essential to help them last as long as possible.
The Rise of Outdoor Living Spaces
While spacious backyards were once the focus, 58% of homeowners now say fostering a connection to the outdoors with a feature like a patio, deck, porch or sunroom is one of their primary design choices for a home.
Outdoor spaces benefit homeowners, so it's no surprise that more people invest in them for their homes. Some of the most notable benefits of outdoor living spaces include the following.
- Reduced stress levels: Taking time in nature can help improve your mental health and practice mindfulness, naturally reducing your stress levels.
- Additional living space: An outdoor living space creates a new area for your family to spend time together, surrounded by the peace of nature.
- Increased home value: Depending on factors such as size, functionality and quality, outdoor living spaces can add to your home's value.
Enhancing Comfort and Style With Outdoor Ceiling Fans
While outdoor living spaces are becoming more sought after, these areas of the home can quickly get warm from the sun and rising temperatures in the summer. Excessive heat and humidity can turn an enjoyable experience into something less desirable, and you and your family may spend less time there than you'd hoped.
Luckily, porch and patio cooling solutions hit the spot during hot summer days. Outdoor ceiling fans are a perfect addition to outdoor areas that elevate a space while creating an efficient way to circulate air. You and your family can relax outside, no matter the temperature. Outdoor ceiling fans also help add a touch of sophistication you couldn't otherwise achieve.
Exploring Outdoor Ceiling Fan Options
When shopping for outdoor ceiling fans, you can choose from various designs, sizes, features and colors to perfectly complement your home. Some different outdoor ceiling fan ideas include the following.
- Standard fans: These fans feature a motor and blades and are similar to what you'd find in most indoor environments homes. Standard fans come in different sizes and designs, some with lighting features.
- Lighted fans: Stylish outdoor fans with light kits are a top choice among homeowners who want to enjoy their porch or patio at night. Some lighted fans also have additional features like variable-speed motors and fan controls.
- Hugger fans: These fans sit flush with the ceiling to maximize space while providing superior cooling. Hugger fans are ideal for smaller or low-ceilinged areas, maximizing your outdoor space while increasing comfort.
You can also choose from various sizes to effectively cool your space, though you may need two or more fans if you have an expansive outdoor area. Outdoor fans come in different styles, from contemporary and traditional to rustic and farmhouse. Different brands have unique fan styles and features, so it's best to shop around to find the best choice for your home.
Weather-Resistant Fans for Longevity
When buying an outdoor ceiling fan, consider what weather it will encounter in your outdoor living space. Choose a fan that can withstand your region's typical humidity levels, rainfall and temperatures. If you don't, it can degrade faster and require a replacement sooner.
Dry-rated fans aren't ideal for harsh elements, including intense humidity or excessive rainfall. On the other hand, wet-rated fans can withstand humidity and exposure to rainfall due to durable materials and a specialized coating. These fans' electrical components have an enclosure that protects them from moisture.
When you're picking an outdoor ceiling fan, ask yourself these questions to help you determine what you need for your living space:
- How high is the humidity throughout the year?
- How much rainfall does this region get annually?
- Does my outdoor living space have a covering or enclosure to protect the fan?
- How close do I live to the coast?
- Do I need weather-resistant fans, or is weather not a concern?
Outdoor Ceiling Fan Maintenance Tips
Caring for your ceiling fan will help it last longer and prevent issues like rust and wear that can affect performance and require a sooner replacement. Maintaining an outdoor ceiling fan generally involves inspecting for signs of wear or damage and cleaning the blades and other components. You should clean your fans at least once a season, but you may need to do so more often if you notice significant dust or dirt buildup.
The best way to clean your outdoor fan includes the following steps:
- Turn off the outdoor ceiling fan if it's still on.
- Read your owner's manual so you know what parts your ceiling fan has and what is detachable.
- Find a stepstool or a ladder to reach all parts of the ceiling fan. You may want to consider having someone hold the stool or ladder steady to prevent injury.
- Use a cloth and cleaning spray for your fan materials.
- Wipe down the fan's components, including the blades, housing cover, motor and other elements. Remember to use gentle pressure, so you don't accidentally break the blades.
Find the Right Ceiling Fan for Your Outdoor Space With Arranmore Lighting and Fans®
Upgrading your outdoor living space by installing ceiling fans can help you expand a comfortable, practical area for you and your family. You can enjoy everything the outdoors has to offer without breaking a sweat. You have numerous options for ceiling fans, whether you want something simple and traditional or more modern and unique. Ceiling fans can help bring style and functionality to your porch, patio or sunroom.
At Arranmore, we offer numerous outdoor ceiling fan options, regardless of your needs or preference. With so many styles, finishes, sizes and colors, we're bound to have something for you and your family. Browse our selection of outdoor ceiling fans today, or contact us to learn more about our outdoor lighting and fan options.